Wednesday 25 March 2009

Love letter from Andrea



Mama, why did you abandon me?

Can you imagine what it is like being an outsider in a household of strangers, knowing you are unwanted and unloved?

Do you know what it is like growing up in an orphanage among other abandoned children?

Mama, when I thought you were in Heaven among the angels, I pray every night for the ladder to come down to take me up to be with you.

I am so thankful my uncle found me.

I am so happy I found her.

I am so grateful I found you.

But most of all, I am so blessed I found Him.

My uncle is my saviour -- he not only saved me physically; he saved me spiritually too.

She and I are two lost souls, adrift in this world, finding shelter in each other. We are two lonely children, seeking solace in the warmth of one another's company. Our paths converge, and our hearts and minds become one.

But I knew, even as a child, the first time I saw my uncle in his priest's collar, that that was what I wanted to become.

He is my Father. He has chosen me. For the first time I felt wanted. At long last I felt I belonged. Finally, I was home.

Mama, why did you abandon me again? You chose your other "son" over me. It broke my heart, but I still love you more than ever. You are the reason for my existence.

I thought she too abandoned me when she did not reply to the love letter I left behind. I became emotionally dead. I could not relate on a human level. I could not even touch a child.

He called to me: "Child, come into my arms. Rest on my shoulders. Believe in me and all will be well."

He never abandoned me, even when I forsook him. I left Him to be with her again. I betrayed Him to pursue a life with her.

I was the Prodigal Son and He welcomed me back with open arms.

I prayed to Him: "Please let her live and I will be Yours forever."

My love for Him is pure enough to include my love for her. My love for her is dissolved into my love for Him. She and I are united forever in His love.

My love for her has transcended into a sublime love, enveloped in His all-embracing love for us.

Mama, I love you.

And I love her.

But above all, I love Him, my Father.

4 comments:

  1. "Love Letter" is the first drama in which JHJ plays the leading role. Even though it was produced six years ago, I dare say that no one can play Andrea better than JHJ. His pure, innocent and sincere look matches the image of Andrea perfectly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Some JHJ fans think Andrea will get back together with Yan He (the girl) when she wakes up from her coma. Only Catholics understand this will not happen.

    ReplyDelete
  3. "Love Letter" chooses a controversial theme which may have confused some people. Love of God and love of a woman can be so mixed up. If there is a fault, it is in the script, especially in the last part. Jo Hyun Jae's performance as Andrea is perfect! Nobody can play Andrea except him.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Maria, the "Letter from Andrea" is so well written and touched my heart as the drama Love Letter did. It is the first JHJ drama I watched and have watched for N times. The letter summarized the voice of Andrea and highlight the sublime love a lot of audiance did not understand. Many thanks for the letter

    ReplyDelete