Saturday 21 March 2009

The face that launched a thousand sites

If Helen of Troy was "the face that launched a thousand ships"*, Jo Hyun-Jae is "the face that launched a thousand sites."

I have no statistics to back up my assumption, but I am sure there are more than a thousand websites all over the world dedicated to Jo Hyun-Jae.

Which is your favourite Jo Hyun-Jae photo? What is the face that first attracted you? Come on, let's be honest! Before you discovered his "inner beauty", you must have been first captivated by his incredible good looks.

Please e-mail your favourite JHJ photo and your name to us at jhjfans@gmail.com and we will publish them here.

What you see at the top here is the JHJ photo that took my breath away. Let's see yours!

* From the 16th century English dramatist Christopher Marlowe's "Doctor Faustus":

Was this the face that launch'd a thousand ships
And burnt the topless towers of Ilium?
Sweet Helen, make me immortal with a kiss.

The reference is of course to Helen, Queen of Sparta, the most beautiful woman in the world, who was abducted by the Trojan prince Paris. The thousand ships refer to the Greek contingent that set sail for Troy to try to get her back which started the Trojan Wars, resulting in the destruction of Troy.

2 comments:

  1. Jo Hyun Jae looks good in every photo -- how to choose?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Andrea's overall image the best. But my favorite picture of HJ is the one taken onsite while he was filming Sunshine. I think he gets a bit too thin lately.

    ReplyDelete