Tuesday 10 March 2009

Korea Fan Meeting (2)




This is an English translation of KBOOM's (October 2008 issue) report on Jo Hyun-Jae's "Last Fan Meeting" before entering military service (by misa123 first published in EVERjohyunjae on 2008.9.22)

July 19, 2008
Yonsei University Main Auditorium, Sinchon, Seoul

Jo Hyun Jae―The exciting actor with the gentle smile.
His last fan meeting before entering the army.
Before he took the stage, a video letter expressing his gratitude to his fans was shown.

"I can never forget all of you who have always given me such support."
"I would have liked to have had the chance to meet more of you in person. I can never forget all of you who have always given me such support. I give you my sincere thanks. It is you who have helped make me what I am today. I plan to keep doing my best, so please stay in touch.” His heartfelt gratitude came through clearly to the audience.

For the 600 fans who attended―not only from Korea but from Japan, China, Hong Kong, Thailand, and other countries―Jo Hyun Jae took the stage singing his latest digital single, "Beside You Like the Wind.” His hair, already cut short in anticipation of his military service, hinted that his farewell was at hand. "Since this is the last fan meeting, I have prepared a song to remember me by."

Jo Hyun Jae had a good time with his fans, in an event that featured a quiz game, a chance to personally meet and greet him, and much more. In one part of the program, “Jo Hyun Jae, Answer Please!” he responded frankly to a number of questions from fans. When he was asked how he felt about being close to 30, he answered, “Like an adult at last. I have a long road ahead of me, so I have to give it my all!” Remarking on the presents many fans had prepared for him, he said happily, "I’m about to go into the army, and you’ve brought me so many things?” He went on to say, “I had much more I wanted to show you in TV dramas and other work, and I regret not being able to. But I don’t think today is the end.” He was unable to hold back tears as fans sang “So It’s Goodbye” to him.

"I can’t describe my feelings at hearing you sing to me. I am really grateful to be so well-loved, despite my shortcomings and the fact that I still have a lot of growing to do.” As a finale, he sang "The Words You Said,” and exited the stage with a grateful tear in his eyes, leaving behind many tearful fans. Jo Hyun Jae will report for military service on August 5, and after five weeks of basic training, will don the uniform of a soldier on active duty.

No comments:

Post a Comment