Wednesday 22 April 2009

Everything you want to know about JHJ (and much more)

From cafe.daum.net/hyunjaelove (CAFE Korea) in August 2007

On the 6th anniversary of CAFE, Jo Hyun-Jae answers questions from his fans -- everything you want to know about him, and more.

1. Q. JHJ's vital statistics. Height (Are you 180cm.? You look taller lately.)
A. I'd like to be taller, but I'm still 180 cm.
Shoe size -- around 275; leather shoes -- 270.
Tops -- 95-100. Trousers-- 32.

2. Q. What do you think of your fans' social work activities? (If there's a chance, would you join such fans' activities?)
A. I feel very proud and pleased my fans are doing such meaningful work. I should plan to do some good work myself.

3. Q. What perfume* do you use regularly? (*Editor: should be "cologne")
A. Almost never. Whatever I come across.

4. Q. What kind of food do you like?
A. Korean, Western, Japanese -- I like them all.

5. Q. What book do you find most moving?
A. The 4 great tragedies of Shakespeare.

6. Q. What is your daily consumption of tobacco and alcohol?
A. Half a pack of cigarettes a day. As for alcohol, I drink about once every two months, but I drink a lot each time.

7. Q. What do you do when you're alone?
A. Read, exercise, watch DVDs.

8. Q. If there's a next life, what do you want to do?
A. Be an actor.

9. Q. What is your dream at birth? (Editor: I'm not sure I understand this question.)
A. A big bathtub full of water, floating in the blue and green water.

10. Q. Do you read all your fan mail?
A. Yes, I try to read them all. Every time I read a letter from a fan, it gives me great strength.

11. Q. In your dramas, what kind of hairstyle do your favour?
A. Depends. I like both short and long hair.

12. Q. What is your latest problem/trouble?
A. Trouble is trying to act in some good dramas for viewers.

13. Q. Which actor would you like to work with?
A. Too many to list, because there are just too many good actors.

14. Q. What is your style? (hairstyle, clothes, etc.)
A. Casual -- T-shirt and jeans.

15. Q. Do you still like rainy days?
A. Yes, but I also like fine days.

16. Q. What do you love most?
A. Family, work, people I like, fans, etc.

17. Q. What fruits do you like most?
A. Almost all fruits, but especially grapes, apple, and pear.

18. Q. Where do you want to travel or which place made a deep impression during your previous travels?
A. Italy remains in my mind. I'd like to go there again.

19. Q. When did you learn to ride the bicycle?
A. I mastered the two-wheeled kind when I was around 5.

20. Q. When did you get your driver's licence?
A. When I was 18.

21. Q. You act very well in crying scenes. Is it difficult to shed tears on the screen?
A. Actually, yes. To be able to do it more naturally I'm trying harder.

22. Q. What is your favourite season?
A. Spring.

23. Q. When do you feel sexiest?
A. Sweating after exercising.

24. Q. Do you like driving at high speed? What is your highest speed?
A. I don't like driving at high speed.

25. Q. At home how do you call your parents? And how do they call you?
A. Father. Mama. / Son. That's it.

26. Q. Do you like coffee? What kind?
A. Caffe Latte or the sweet kind. (Editor: Mocha?)

27. Q. You seem to like jeans and baseball caps a lot. How many do you have?
A. About 30 pairs of jeans and 30-40 caps.

28. Q. Fans request that you dance during fan meeting. Will you do it?
A. Well........

29. Q. Your martial arts acting is pretty good. Are you good in real-life fighting?
A. I haven't really fought much. Martial arts acting is based on what I learnt in aikido, coupled with more practice to improve my acting.

30. Q. You sing very well too. Do you plan to release a CD? (or OST)
A. I intend to sing a couple of songs in OST.

31. Q. If you were to shoot a commercial, what kind would you do?
A. Automobiles.

32. Q. If you win the lotto, what would you do?
A. Do some good deeds, then buy some things I want to buy -- just ordinary stuff.

33. Q. Whom do you resemble more -- your father or your mother?
A. Half/half.

34. Q. Do you still have friends from childhood?
A. From primary school.

35. Q. When you're physically and mentally exhausted, whom do you think of first, family or friends?
A. Family.

36. Q. What is your ideal girl?
A. Bright, pretty (not necessarily in looks.)

37. Q. Use your own name to write a 3-line poem.
A. 조: 조현재는
현: 현재뿐만 아니라 항상
재: 제(재)일 열심히 하는 모습 보여드릴 수 있도록 노력하겠습니다.
Jo: Jo Hyun-Jae is
Hyun: not just now
Jae: always does his best and gives his all


Until we meet again, be happy and healthy.
Love to see you all again.


(THE END)

1 comment:

  1. Jo Hyun Jae looks so boyish in that photo. And he can ride the bicycle at 5?! I'm still learning to balance.

    ReplyDelete