Sunday 12 April 2009

Everything you want to know about JHJ (and more) -- Part 2


(Cont. from Part 1 -- Jo Hyun-Jae continues to answer questions posed by EVERjohyunjaeKorea.)

25. Q. You once said: "I think too much." What do you think about most?
A. My future, the future.

26. Q. You also said: "My character is not bad." What do you say is your best trait?
A. When I do anything, I always concentrate. I always focus and do my best.

27. Q. What is your most stringent demand on yourself?
A. I am very demanding of myself in work. When I'm working, I won't do anything else (even if it's something I like very much.)

28. Q. What is it that you cherish and do not want to lose?
A. My family. Also people I like and my work.

29. Q. When do you feel most happy and relaxed?
A. When work goes smoothly and I'm focusing. Or doing something I'm interested in.

30. Q. Please describe yourself. (in 5 - 10 words)
A. I am me.

31. Q. Of all the movies you've seen recently, which actors left the deepest impression on you?
A. Song Kang-Ho and Jeon Do-Yeon in "Secret Sunshine"?

32. Q. What kind of songs do you like to sing and listen to?
A. Just like before, no change. I like soothing ballads.

33. Q. What is your cell phone's ring tone?
A. I didn't download any special ring tone. I just use the cell phone's default ring tone.

34. Q. When you are under stress, how do you seek relief?
A. Most of the time I just grin and bear it and gradually unwind. Generally I exercise to decompress.

35. Q. So far what makes you happiest?
A. Being an actor. Being with my family and friends makes me happy.

36. Q. What do you care about most lately? (apart from movies)
A. I've said this before -- playing golf.

37. Q. Which actors are you closest to?
A. Kim Kang-Woo, Ryu Jin, Lee Chun-Hee.

38. Q. What book are you currently reading?
A. Spencer Johnson's "Choice".

39. Q. What are your favourite sports?
A. Golf, basketball, cycling.

40. Q. What do you do when you're home alone?
A. Exercise, watch DVDs, read.

41. Q. Do you know the female singer Ivy?
A. Yes.

42. Q. Can you cook? What are you signature dishes?
A. Kimchi fried rice. Ramen.

43. Q. What is the reason you don't like starch foods?
A. Actually I like them, but I have a delicate stomach, so I can't eat them regularly.

44. Q. What do you think of ajuma* fans? (Editor: "ajuma" is Korean for a married woman)
A. I do not distinguish between ajumas and other fans. To me they are all fans who like me. I'm very grateful to you all. I really appreciate the way fans encourage and support me, like I'm a member of their family.

45. Q. We feel it's better if there are more fans who call you "oppa" (Editor: big brother). How do you feel about fans who are older than you?
A. I am grateful to all my fans. But up to now most of my fans are young girls. That's why I hope there are more older fans and men who like me more and more.

46. Q. What roles do you want to play?
A. I'd like to play a man of character in a drama with a unique plot and emotional development.

47. Q. What is your dream?
A. I hope to continue to work hard so I can earn people's recognition.


(THE END)

Editor's note: This is certainly not a multiple-choice test for Jo Hyun-Jae. He answers each and every question (some quite personal and even peculiar) seriously and sincerely. You can see the man from the answers. Our favourite answer is No.30.

3 comments:

  1. There are so many Korean actors but I think JHJ stands out from the rest. He is really serious about his chosen profession as an actor. And he is very appreciative to all of his fans and acknowledging them of all the support they have extended him.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like Mr. Jo 's answer to Q30 as well. It's so blunt, simple and yet very witty. Mr. Jo, how come you are so PERFECT?

    ReplyDelete
  3. And so full of self-confidence, we might add.

    ReplyDelete