Monday 29 June 2009

Thai Fan Meeting transcript





In the Korea Fan Meeting DVD, the transition from the Korea Fan Meeting to the Thai Fan Meeting is very abrupt, with no introduction whatsoever. And the Thai Fan Meeting portion has no subtitles. Here is our translation of the transcript of the Thai Fan Meeting on July 4, 2008 (courtesy of CarpediemJapan. Japanese translation by Rei and design by ahiru. Thanks!)

Transcript of Thai Fan Meeting (July 4, 2008) segment:

JHJ (Jo Hyun Jae) MC (female Master of Ceremonies) IN (Interpreter)
JHJ is wearing a light grey suit with an open-necked white shirt.

MC: Hello! (in Thai)
JHJ: Hello! (in Thai)
IN: Can you introduce yourself?
JHJ: Hello! I'm Jo Hyun Jae. Very happy to see you all.
IN: Are you always so shy? You speak so softly.
JHJ: I'm having a little problem with my throat, so I can't speak too loudly.
IN: Is this the first time you're visiting Thailand?
JHJ: Yes, the first time. This visit is my first.
IN: You went touring, right? What did you do? How did it feel?
JHJ: I went to Pattaya -- to see the sea and watch sports performance. Ate a lot of good food and slept very well too.
JHJ waves.
From the audience (in Korean): How are you?
IN: How are you?
JHJ: (smiles)
IN: Are you very busy in your work?
JHJ: Yes, but it's all right.
IN: How many days are you staying in Thailand?
JHJ: Two days.
IN: I heard the fan meeting is tomorrow. Did you make any special preparation for this fan meeting?
JHJ: There will be lots of games, and also mention of the environment.(Fans cheer.)JHJ (smiling): I hope a lot of people will participate in the part on the environment. I want to leave a good memory.

MC: Interpreter, everything looks fine. (Gestures with hands to form a smile)
JHJ: Thank you.
IN: Smile
JHJ: Thank you.
IN: Can you say something for the fan meeting tomorrow?
JHJ: I hope to have a wonderful time with the fans at the fan meeting tomorrow. (Smiles shyly.) I hope there will be a lot of people. Thank you!
MC: Say a few parting words.
JHJ: I had a very meaningful time today. Many thanks to all those present.
MC: raipomuyakkon (Thai). Can you say this?
JHJ (smiling): raipomuyakkon.
(Fans cheer wildly.)
JHJ: OK, until tomorrow.....(Looks at IN uncertainly)
MC: Oh, sorry!
JHJ: Thank you! Thank you!

Next day. Different venue. Different MC (male) Same interpreter: IN
JHJ is wearing a white suit with a grey crew neck T-shirt.

IN: Before you came to Thailand, you went to Japan. Please tell us what it was like in Japan.
JHJ: In Japan I had a great reception. The fans were very enthusiastic.
IN: When the fans knew you were coming [to Bangkok], many of them went to the airport very early. What was your first impression when you arrived at the airport? Was the weather very hot?
JHJ: It was hot in Japan too. The temperature is more or less the same. I did not expect so many fans at the airport. It was a great surprise to me.
MC: This morning you planted a tree -- a "love tree". How was it this morning?
JHJ: Because it was morning, I felt very carefree and happy when I was planting the tree.
IN: Well, come again to plant another tree next time. The tree this morning is called "jasmine" (symbolising: blessing, passion, and kindness.) Happy?
JHJ: Yes.
IN: Have you ever had a fan meeting in an opera house?
JHJ: It's the first time I have a fan meeting in such a big opera house.
IN: Can you talk about your last drama? After you finished that, what did you do?
JHJ: My last drama is "3 Dads/1 Mom", a very cheerful TV series, with a unique storyline. After that was completed, I had a rest and went on a trip. And then I prepared for the fan meetings and the recording of the CD.
IN: That drama is finished, although it is not yet shown here.
IN: Are there any memorable times on the shooting of "3 Dads/1 Mom"?
JHJ: Well, the baby proved quite a handful, but even then it was still fun. The 3 actors played 3 distinct roles, and we had a lovely time on set. The baby slept a lot in the daytime and went to bed very early at night. When she cried, we had to wait for 3 hours before shooting could resume. Even though it was hard, we still had a very enjoyable time shooting this drama.

After the Thai Fan Meeting segment, there is the last video shot on the day JHJ entered the army on August 5, 2008:

"I'll never forget all the love you gave me. I will work very hard in the army. Thank you all so much! Please take care!"

The DVD ends with JHJ writing a few words for his fans:

"I shall remember this day forever. I love you."

3 comments:

  1. I wasn't expecting the Thai Fan Meeting in the Korean Fan Meeting DVD but it's a bonus. I find JHJ very handsome in his grey suit and the way he responds and smiles, he is just so gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. In the middle of interview,

    MC: Say a few parting words.
    JHJ: I had a very meaningful time today. Many thanks to all those present.
    MC: raipomuyakkon (Thai). Can you say this?
    JHJ (smiling): raipomuyakkon

    MC try to push JHJ to speak Thai Word

    She said " Like - Pom -Rak - khun "
    and JHJ speak " Pom - Rak- khun "
    ( very lovely )
    "Pom - Rak - Khun" in Thai mean "I love You" ^^


    From : Thai girl ^-^

    ReplyDelete
  3. i am sorry to say this and i hope that i will not offend other fans, but sometimes i pity our JHJ because there are times when he is asked such inane questions and asked to do the darnedest things. but he meets these challenges with nary a complaint and with so much grace that i can't help but love him more. as always, our JHJ looked dapper and so handsome. my heart always feel a lot lighter whenever i see him smiling that sexy, wonderful smile of his.............

    ReplyDelete