Thursday 18 June 2009

JHJ's early works (2)


"Father and Sons" (2001)






This "Father and Sons" MV is created by cafe.daum.net/nowguswo and edited by kk who set it to the Cantonese song "Every step of the way" by the Hong Kong singer Lui Fong. We have translated the lyrics which seem to mirror Jo Hyun-Jae's early life.

Every step of the way

Forget about yesterday's loss and troubles
Go right on, every step of the way
Forget not the lessons of failure
Never give up, keep on dreaming

Today I'm racing time and speeding up
Cheers by my side lead the way
Dashing in the wind, under the over-arching sky
How high is the sky! I can touch it with both hands
If I fall, I'll rise up and challenge it again
How fierce is the wind! I'd rather be the grass
That grows faraway, every step of the way

How deep is the sea, but it cannot submerge this lonely isle
Mountain beyond mountain, all built with two hands
How many more days in this life, but I'd rather get up early
And finish every step of the way in my life.



(Thank you, Carpediem and kk!)

1 comment:

  1. our JHJ looks so young, so fresh, and so full of potential in this mv. i am just so happy to see that even after all these years he still retains that aura of innocence and purity.

    ReplyDelete