Friday 5 June 2009

JHJ's poem recitation in "Father and Son"



Jo Hyun-Jae was only 21 when he filmed "Father and Son" for SBS in 2001. Here he is reciting a poem in one of the episodes. Even if you don't understand Korean, enjoy his magnetic voice, the beautiful scenery, the lovely music, or just the feel, and of course, that exquisite face, so young, so tender. We have translated the meaning of the words:

Someone I love

I do not love someone who comes forth from the dark
I only love someone who emerges from the heart of the woods
In the lonely darkness, suddenly it's bright, eye-piercing, heart-warming
Sitting in the gloomy forest
Watching golden rays from the sky piercing through the leaves

In this world of dust, how beautiful this is!

I do not love someone who has no tears
I do not love someone whose tears have no love
I only love someone who dissolves into drops of tears
To be happy without tears -- that is not joy
Where love is, shouldn't tears be there too?
Sitting in the tranquil forest
Someone with tears running down her cheeks slowly walks out of the woods

See how beautiful that is!

(Credit: blog.naver.com; cafe.daum.net; club.brokore.com; youtube.com; johyunjae.hk. Thanks!)

3 comments:

  1. I love Jo Hyun Jae's voice and I love the poem. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. maria...

    let us work together for mr. hyunjae..
    fighting...

    (even I want to go back to work soon)

    bigcat

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sure,Bigcat! But please take care of your health first. Hyun-Jae loves his fans; he loves you!

    ReplyDelete