Monday 25 May 2009

Miss you



Sometimes you're allowed to "cheat" a little. When you've written several letters to Jo Hyun-Jae, you can send him a card. Letters are more personal and sincere (at least you take the trouble to write.) Cards are more visual and direct and sometimes speak louder than words (literally, as we will illustrate here.)

The two photos above depict a card we sent Hyun-Jae recently. On the cover is this stick figure (crudely drawn as if by a child) jumping for joy amidst flowers under the bright sun, with the words: "Me when you're here" -- a happy person. The red lines against a yellow background enhance the jovial mood.

When you open the card, you hear the sound of pouring rain (yes, it's a "sound" card) and you see everything has turned into blue. You see the figure transformed into a sad person crying buckets, crying as loud as the rain (Is that the sound of rain or his crying?) and these words: "Me when you're not." and then lower down "Miss you". Speaks volumes, doesn't it?

We think it's fun. Hope Hyun-Jae is amused.

3 comments:

  1. That is so cute! I miss Hyun Jae too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it is fun too. I'm sure JHJ will like it. I miss him so much! Woo...woo...woo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I used to send him a card, whenever I miss him.
    It is so cute. whenever I bought the card, I felt that I was exciting because of him.

    ReplyDelete