Thursday 26 February 2009

A tribute to Jo Hyun-Jae

There is a poet among us. Angie, who goes by the pseudonym of "Where on earth is the antidote" on JoHyunJaeChina, has dedicated this poem to Jo Hyun-Jae. The original is in Chinese and is printed after the translated version. If you cannot read Chinese, then you have to take my word for it that the Chinese version is far superior to the English.


LOVE YOU, WANDERING FOOTPRINTS

If you are a kind of poison, the look in your eyes is the poison's fuse

This winter I lost my resistance
This poison's fuse started an endless quest

I had thought I love only your on-screen glamour
But in time I became enamoured with your out-of-this-world stance

A thousand years ago, did we make a beautiful promise?
Poised on time's divide, did you momentarily turn around?
Had we really met, there would be indelible memories

From your ethereal smile, from your deep-ebbing sorrow
From your modest fortitude, from the profound love in your eyes
I begin to find traces of our love and remembrance

If...if former destiny is ultimately just a dream
I'd rather be steeped in the tender dream and never awake

Perhaps in this life I will never love like this again
I would still remain satisfied and solitary for loving you from afar

Even if an antidote for my heart cannot be found at the ends of the earth
I am still your eternal wanderer

I will go on silently
With a tranquill heart, at the fringe of your blessed existence

Until one day, the years are gone
Dust and wandering have settled

Turning around in the setting sun, at least in this life
I have left behind footprints of my love for you

(Original Chinese version published in JoHyunJaeChina two days before Valentine's Day)



[給显宰] 愛你, 流浪的足跡


如果说你是一种毒 你的眼神便是毒药的引

这个冬天 我失去了抵抗力
因为这毒引 开始一场没有尽头的寻觅 

原以为 只是爱你银幕上的风采
渐渐地 却沉沦于你 纷扰中遗世独立的姿态

千年以前 是否许下美丽的誓言
在时间的渡口 可曾有过刹那的回首
真的见过你 就会有些不灭的记忆

从你云淡风清的微笑 从你深沉逆流的悲伤
从你嘴角的谦卑坚毅 从你眸中的深情如许
我开始寻找 爱过念过的痕迹

如果 如果前缘 最终只是一场梦
我宁愿沉沦在温柔的梦中 不要醒来

也许 这一世 不再会有倾心的相遇
我也会隔着远远的距离 尝遍爱着你的满意与孤寂

就算 到天涯 也寻不着心中的解药
我也依然是你 永远的流浪者

我会不动声色地走下去
用安静的心 守护在你的幸福之外

直到有一天 岁月都已过去 
尘埃和流浪 都已止息

斜阳下回首 至少这一世
我留下过 爱你的足迹



本文来自:赵显宰中文网 转载请注明出自【www.johyunjaechina.com】 作者:天涯何处有解药 本贴地址:http://www.johyunjaechina.com/viewthread.php?tid=6927


3 comments:

  1. Thanks a lot!!!
    I hope that everyday when I go to your blog, I'm always provided much useful news, pictures, diary...
    Everything you're doing is so so so great!!!
    Thank you again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much! Really appreciate your kind words. Mean a lot to us. Just want to do something for you, Jo Hyun-Jae (the real one) Ha!Ha!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful! (both English and Chinese versions)

    ReplyDelete